We provide emergency assistance to residents of Forsyth County who have a financial crisis situation and need food, mortgage, utilities, or medication assistance. We also provide medication assistance to residents of Stokes County.
Persons living in the zip code areas of 27107 and 27127 are requested to first go to Sunnyside Ministries.
Clients are seen on a first come, first served basis. To be interviewed and possibly assisted with your crisis, please provide as much of the following information as possible to show why you are in financial crisis:
- Picture ID
- Proof of crisis (ex. proof of hospitalization, doctor’s note, car repair bill, etc.)
- Proof of household income for last and current month
- As many bills and receipts from last and current month as possible to show how the household money has been spent
- Rent/mortgage, utility bill information (late notice, cut-off notice, and/or eviction notice)
- Deposit information (If you have Section 8 housing, please bring proof of the inspection.)
- If you receive disability benefits and have a payee assigned to you, the payee needs to be with you for the interview.
- Written prescription or prescription bottle with refills still available if seeking medication assistance. We generally do not fill prescriptions for insured individuals and we do not fill any controlled substance prescriptions.
Providing as much information as you can will help us review your case quickly and may prevent the need for you to return with more information.
Visit our Locations, Directions & Hours page for information specific to each office.
Click here to download a printable flier which details who we are, what we do, where we’re located, when we’re open and what to bring. This flier is in both English and Spanish.