Designate Crisis Control Ministry as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or pension) or name CCM as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
1. Gifts of Retirement Assets
Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift to Crisis Control Ministry.
Benefits of gifts of retirement assets
- Avoid potential estate tax on retirement assets
- Your heirs would avoid income tax on any retirement assets funded on a pre-tax basis
- Receive potential estate tax savings from an estate tax deduction
How to make a gift of retirement assets
To leave your retirement assets to Crisis Control Ministry, you will need to complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian. If you designate Crisis Control Ministry as beneficiary for an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), we will benefit from the full value of your gift because your assets will not be taxed at your death. Your estate will benefit from an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift.
2. Gifts of Insurance
A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to Crisis Control Ministry. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider gifting it to CCM. (For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.)
Benefits of gifts of life insurance
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- If Crisis Control Ministry retains the policy to maturity, you can receive additional tax deductions by making annual gifts so that we can pay the premiums
- If Crisis Control Ministry cashes in the policy, you will be able to see firsthand how your gift supports our charitable work
How to make a gift of life insurance
To make a gift of life insurance, please contact your life insurance provider, request a beneficiary designation form from the insurer and include Crisis Control Ministry as the beneficiary of your policy.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have. Please let us know if you have already included Crisis Control Ministry in your plans. We would like to thank you and include you as part of the Ron E. Rice, Sr. Legacy Society.